Hotmail Sign In and Sign Up.
If you are looking for the sign in/login page for Hotmail or Outlook, then read on.
The old login pages at www.Hotmail.com and www.outlook.com and www.live.com have been phased out and replaced with a single platform login page, found at https://login.live.com.
You not alone. As part of a proposed movement to the Windows Live brand, Microsoft publicly planned to phase out Hotmail and replace it Windows Live Mail. But when testers complained that they preferred the old Hotmail brand, Microsoft backtracked and settled on ‘Windows Live Hotmail”.
Therefore you can still create a new Hotmail account, and you can still sign in to your old Hotmail email accounts. And this will stay like this. Hotmail is NOT being phased out.
How to Sign In to Hotmail – Step by Step.
If you still need help with logging in to and old Hotmail account, then follow this guide:
- Open your browser and type the following URL in the address bar: www.hotmail.com. The system will redirect you to an url beginning with https://login.live.com/. This is the official Hotmail login page.
- Enter your Hotmail email account, your mobile phone number or Skype username and click on “Next”
- Enter your Hotmail password: In the box that says “Enter the password for …” .
- If you are on a secure connection you can check the option “Keep Me Signed In”.
- 5- Click on the login button.
If you have followed these step, you will be in your Hotmail inbox.
How to Sign Up for Hotmail.
Creating a new Hotmail account is easy.
- Visit www.hotmail.com.
- Create a new Hotmail account: You will see the option: “Do not have an account? Create one. “Click Here”.
- Choose a Username: By default it will be a @ outlook.com address, but you can choose either outlook.com or hotmail.com.
- First and Last Name: Write your full name and surname (You do not need to write your real name, it is up to you). You will also see an option to enter your Phone number for account verification. This is optional.
- Password: Must contain at least 8 digits (letters and / or numbers.)
- Re-enter the password: Repeat your password, so that you remember it!
- Country or region: Select the country you want for your account.
- Date of birth: Only you will be able to see this.
- Sex: Select one of the options.
- Country code: US users, will see the default +1 country code.
- Alternative email address: If you have another email account, then write it here. Handy, if you forget your password! It will then be emailed to the alternative email address.
- Fill out the Capcha: A captcha next will validate that you are human and not a robot. Fill it out.
- The Hotmail account has been created. If you are directed to the address https://account.microsoft.com/, then simply go to www.hotmail.com or login.live.com to enter your new Hotmail account.
Share your Hotmail experiences in the comment section.